MBR31 Malolactic Bacteria
Balanced sensory profile and color stability in low pH wine and low temperature conditions
LALVIN 31™ is suitable for cool climate wines as it can enhance varietal characters, fruit flavors and promote color stability. Wines made using LALVIN 31™ have good body and length.
• In white wines, it adds complexity due to its light buttery flavor. With lees contact the buttery notes decrease, elevating fruit flavors and mineral notes
• In red wines, dark berry fruit flavors, color stability, and mouthfeel are increased
• Tolerant to high levels of lactic acid (from high starting malic acid levels) that can be inhibitory to other ML strains
• Selected for its capacity to achieve malolactic fermentation in low pH and low temperature situations
• Due to its high nutrient demand, it is sometimes slow to start but finishes quickly, especially when used in conjunction with OPTI’MALO BLANC™ or ML RED BOOST™
• Oenococcus oeni isolated by the Institut du Français de la Vigne et du Vin (IFV), France
Add directly to wine and mix thoroughly
Dated expiration. For short term (<18 months) store at 4°C (39°F). For long term (>18 months) store at –18°C (0°F).