THERMIC Bung Insert
The Oak LabTM Thermic Barrel Inserts help achieve the aroma and flavor impact of new oak barrels while using used or neutral barrels. THERMIC inserts are also more cost-effective and sustainable than new oak barrels.
• Used during fermentation, aging, and finishing.
• Suggested contact time of 3-12 months. Wine should be frequently tasted and evaluated to determine the exact contact time
• Barrel inserts contain 20 sections, contained within food-grade mesh netting, and an eyelet screw for easy attachment to barrel bungs (barrel bungs not included)
• Has a surface area of 5.5 sq. ft, each section is 9” x 1 1/16” x 13/16”
• Made from American white oak (Quercus alba)
Five profile colors are available:
|Clean, bright, sweet||Fresh and light, addition of length|
|Nutty, toasty, toffee||Rounding, boost of mid-palate|
|Vanilla, dark fruits, complexity||Texture, weighty, unctuous|
|Warm, rich, spice||Full, viscous, rich|
|Espresso, smoked meat, complexity||Balanced, rich, round|
Trials are recommended to determine the best number, or blend of numbers, for your wine/spirit.
Trial kits are available upon request.
Bung sleeves are added during the fermentation and aging process. Bung sleeves are added to barrels directly through the bung hole. Each sleeve is made of 20 sections of oak in food grade polyethylene netting and fastened to the barrel bung with a #304 stainless steel eyelet.
Size: 20 sections — 9" x 1" x 7/8" ea.
Surface area: 5.5 sq. ft.
Dosage rate: 1 per 60 gallons
Contact time: 1-12 months
Oak variety: Quercus alba
Please consult the Oak Lab Brochure for further information.
|36-16141||Oak Lab - Thermic Bung Insert Colour 1||10 in Stock|
|36-16142||Oak Lab - Thermic Bung Insert Colour 2||8 in Stock|
|36-16143||Oak Lab - Thermic Bung Insert Colour 3||4 in Stock|
|36-16144||Oak Lab - Thermic Bung Insert Colour 4||9 in Stock|
|36-16145||Oak Lab - Thermic Bung Insert Colour 5||7 in Stock|