Enzyme blend for enhanced clarification and filtration of difficult lots
SCOTTZYME® KS can be used anytime post-pressing to increase clarification rates and improve filtration throughput.
• The earlier KS is used, the more effective it will be
• It should never be used before pressing in either white or red grapes: KS has very aggressive enzymatic activities that will break down skins and create many fine solids.
• Customers have reported very favorable results when used to solve “nightmare” filtrations before bottling
• Minimum contact time is 3 days at 15°C (60 °F). In cases when the tank temperature is cooler (-1-15 C /30-60 °F), minimum contact time should be 4-7 days and stirring is recommended
• Blend of pectinase enzymes with cellulase, hemicellulase, and protease side-activities
Bench trials recommended for wine
Fruit: not recommended
Juice: not recommended
Wine: 4 mL/hL
Dilute SCOTTZYME® KS to approximately a 10% solution in cool water. Add to the wine after alcoholic fermentation during a tank mixing.
Store at 4°C(40°F) for 1–2 years. Keep tightly sealed and refrigerated once opened.
SCOTTZYME KS Plus - Allergen Statement
SCOTTZYME KS Plus - Food Safety Statement
SCOTTZYME KS Plus - Non-GMO Statement
SCOTTZYME KS Plus - Safety Data Sheet
SCOTTZYME KS Plus - Technical Data Sheet