Effervescent sulfur dioxide tablets
Inodose Tablets are a blend of potassium metabisulfite and potassium bicarbonate. They are packaged in 2 g and 5 g dosage levels. As they dissolve into must or wine, the tablets release a precise dose of SO2. The effervescent action of the bicarbonate provides mixing in barrels or small tanks while reducing time and labor needed for stirring. The easy-to-use tablet helps prevent overdose problems associated with traditional forms of SO2. Sealed strip packages keep unused tablets fresh for optimal efficacy. The potassium bicarbonate fraction in these tablets has little or no effect on pH.
Various applications include:
• Add to gondolas or picking bins to inhibit oxidation of grapes and juice, especially from Botrytis or mold.
• Add during transport of must or juice.
• To inhibit indigenous yeast and bacteria.
• Add in tanks before or after fermentation.
• Add directly into barrels after malolactic fermentation.
• To make SO2 additions to wine during aging.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated environment at temperatures below 25°C(77°F). Once the pack has been opened it should be used immediately.