Inodose Granules are small, effervescent granules made of potassium metabisulfite and potassium bicarbonate. As they dissolve into wine or must the granules release a precise dose of SO2. Inodose Granules come in pre-measured packs. A pack of Inodose Granules 100, for example, will release 100 grams of pure SO2. Inodose Granules are perfect for SO2 additions to incoming must, juice and to wines prior to clarification and fining. The potassium bicarbonate fraction in these granules has little or no effect on pH.
Inodose Granules and Inodose Tablets can be used for various applications:
- In gondolas or picking bins to inhibit oxidation of grapes and juice, especially from Botrytis or mold.
- To inhibit indigenous yeast and bacteria.
- In tanks before fermentation and directly into barrels after malolactic fermentation.
- During transport of must or juice.
- To make sulfite additions to barrels.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated environment at temperatures below 25°C(77°F). Use whole packet quickly once opened, as potency will decrease after opening.