Elios Malolactic Bacteria
Oenococcus oeni adapted to high pH, contributes to tannin mouthfeel intensity
LALVIN ELIOS 1™ is best suited for Mediterranean, Rhône style, and other warm climate red wines where it is known for enhancing red fruit aromas, spice, and tannin intensity.
• Wines have an integrated mouthfeel with good mid-palate intensity, decreased drying sensations, and increased freshness
• Can reduce the perception of green and vegetative characters
• Selected due to its fast implantation and reliable malic acid degradation
• Has a high capacity for acetaldehyde degradation. Because acetaldehyde strongly binds SO2 , using LALVIN ELIOS 1™ may help keep more SO2 in the free form and therefore make post-MLF SO2 additions more effective
• Oenococcus oeni isolated by the Institut Coopératif du Vin (ICV), France
Add directly to wine and mix thoroughly.
Dated expiration. For short term (<18 months) store at 4°C(40°F). For long term (>18 months) store at –18°C(0°F).
Elios 1 Malolactic Bacteria - Allergen Statement
Elios 1 Malolactic Bacteria - Food Safety Statement
Elios 1 Malolactic Bacteria - Non-GMO Statement
Elios 1 Malolactic Bacteria - Safety Data Sheet
Elios 1 Malolactic Bacteria - Specification Sheet
Elios 1 Malolactic Bacteria - Technical Data Sheet