DistilaMax® XP has been selected specifically for its ability to ferment malted grain feedstocks. It displays a good temperature tolerance and produces a congener profile that is well suited to malted barley, with typically higher ester production, increased complexity and fruity notes.
Yeast strain: S. Cerevisiae
Optimal pH range:
Recommended temperature range: 20-35oC (but temperatures around 30 oC are recommended)
0.5-1.0 gram/L of wort
Please note that the optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
DIRECTIONS OF USE
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32-36 oC).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15-20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8 oC between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
DistilaMax® XP should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability. Shelf life is 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum seal is not broken.