DistilaMax® RM has been selected for the production of rhum agricole and the production of cane-based spirits. It was selected by INRA (Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France) in a tropical region, in partnership with Lallemand. It demonstrates a good tolerance to high fermentation temperatures.
Yeast strain: S. Cerevisiae
Alcohol tolerance: 8-9%
Optimal pH range: 3.3-5.3
Recommended temperature range: 25-35oC
Fermentation of cane juice:
- Direct pitching: 0.40-0.60 g per litre of wash or juice
- Preparation of a levain (pied de cuve): 3-4 g per litre of wash or juice
Please note that the optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
DIRECTIONS OF USE
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32-36 oC).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15-20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8 oC between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
DistilaMax® RM should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability. Shelf life is 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum seal is not broken.