DistilaMax® GW is recommended for the production of whisky and whiskey by fermentation of wort made from wheat or corn. It is also suitable for American style whiskies made from whole grain fermentations. It has a short lag phase and it produces a clean congener profile that is well-suited to grain whisky and whiskey.
Yeast strain: S. Cerevisiae
Alcohol tolerance: 15%
Optimal pH range: 3.5-6.0
Recommended temperature range: 20-33 oC
Fermentation of malted barley for whisky production: 0.5-1.0 gram/liter of wort
Fermentation of grain mashes for whisky production: 0.25-0.50 gram/liter of mash
Please note that the optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
DIRECTIONS OF USE
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32-36 oC).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15-20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8 oC between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
DistilaMax® GW should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability. Shelf life is 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum seal is not broken.