DistilaMax® DS is well-suited to ferment a broad range of mash styles and produces a congener profile that benefits spirits such as vodka and neutral grain alcohol. It has been selected for its rapid fermentation start, as well as its strong stress tolerance to high acidity, high mash gravity and high alcohol content.
Yeast strain: S. Cerevisiae
Alcohol tolerance: 15%
Optimal pH range: 3.5-6.0
Recommended temperature range: 31-34 oC
Fermentation of grain mash: 0.40-1.0 gram per litre of wort or beer
Please note that the optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
DIRECTIONS OF USE
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32-36 oC).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15-20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8 oC between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
DistilaMax® DS should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability. Shelf life is 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum seal is not broken.