COVID-19 Operations Update – Scott Labs CanadaMarch 24, 2020
To our valued customers,
At the present time, we wanted to make you, our valued customers, aware that Scott Labs Canada remains operational and has taken steps to ensure that we will be able to continue to support your business.
We are actively managing the challenging situation and working diligently to ensure our employees and their families are kept safe, while still serving the needs of our customers.
Below are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions related to our current operations and how they impact your business.
What is the best way to get in contact, or place an order with Scott Labs Canada?
- While we have staff working onsite at the Niagara office, staffing levels are obviously not at normal levels – for this reason we prefer email communication as the primary means of interaction. They following options are available to you:
- You regional sales representative
- A reminder that our online ordering platform is live and gives you the ability to order 24/7. A login is required, but you will receive within 8h after initiating the request.
- Yes – our warehouses in both QC and BC are open and functioning as per normal.
- No our head office and primary warehouse is not impacted by this legislation. Our business falls under the following description of “essential” businesses:
How quickly can I expect my order to ship?
- You can still expect your normal order turnaround times when you order from us, with the majority of orders shipping same day/next day. However, the evolving situation means delivery of these orders may be impacted by increased use of courier services, so we strongly urge all customers to order as early as possible.
I am concerned about securing my fermentation supplies for the 2020 harvest, should I be?
- Rest assured that we placed our harvest orders with our International supplier network in mid-February, in anticipation of shutdowns and ocean freight delays. We are in ongoing discussions with these suppliers and are ready to receive these shipments at anytime. We will update everyone again in late April.
- Many of our wine suppliers are located in Europe, including several in the hard-hit areas of Northern Italy. Fortunately, we are happy to report that operations at all suppliers are continuing without interruption.
- Our inventory levels on hops remain strong, with another shipment from YCH expected to arrive at warehouse on 3/24/20
- A large number of distillers are joining in the production and supply efforts for Sanitizing Agents dedicated to their local communities. Our partners from Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits technical team are already heavily involved in helping distillers maximize their alcohol production for these specific products. Please contact your local Canadian representative Annick Mercier at firstname.lastname@example.org for fermentation guidance. Furthermore, please use the following resources and guidelines for production of sanitizing agents in Canada:
- WHO Guide to Local Production : https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf
- Health Canada Antiseptic Skin Cleansers http://webprod.hc-sc.gc.ca/nhpid-bdipsn/atReq.do?atid=antiseptic_antiseptique&lang=eng
- Help Canada combat Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – submission form : https://buyandsell.gc.ca/forms/help-canada-combat-covid-19-submission-form
Stay safe everyone! We must all take care of one another during these unforeseen times. Please reach out to us and let us know how we can support you in the weeks and months to come.
Your friends at Scott Labs Canada